Christmas Stroll Friday, December 2
November 30, 2022
The Three Forks Chamber of Commerce will host the Annual Christmas Stroll on Friday, December 2nd.
Main Street will close early, allowing strollers to visit local businesses starting at 4:30 p.m. and get a head start on Christmas Shopping. The Stroll will kick off with a tree lighting ceremony and a lighted parade led by Santa himself. Many of the traditions stroll-goers have come to expect will be present this year to celebrate our wonderful community, local businesses, and organizations.
According to Chamber Treasurer Ranee Berg, preparations for the event have been going great.
"We are very excited about this year's stroll. It will be memorable. Come to the Stroll ready to shop, eat, & just enjoy the season," Berg said.
The Chamber initiative on lighting up Three Forks continues as Businesses adorn their storefronts while individuals, groups, and businesses alike enter floats in the lighted parade. Please join the Chamber at 5:00 p.m. for a Tree Lighting Ceremony in Veterans Park. Christmas Carols will be led by Mr. Sutton and the Three Forks High School Choir. Immediately following, Main Street will be lit up with classic cars, floats & other entries in the Lighted Parade. Prizes will be awarded to the best in show.
Joyous activities will again be taking place on the side streets and the South end of Main this year. There will be a Holiday Bazaar in the Methodist Annex for one-stop shopping. Coloring Contest, High School Band & Choir Performances, and Candy Cane Lane will be featured at the Library. One-way trips are free and running continuously throughout the evening with Chamber officials thanking ride sponsors.
If you haven't already begun, now would be the time, as the Gingerbread House Contest is on. Entries should be dropped off at the Three Forks Library on Friday, December 2nd, between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Judging will take place and will be live-streamed on Friday during the Stroll. Three Forks Fun Bucks and Collectible Ornaments will be awarded to the Best of Show and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each of the categories.
Remember to also grab a Stroll Button. In addition to showing your spirit, funds raised will go to support our Three Forks School Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA). Snap a photo of your new button and enter our Facebook contest. The image receiving the most likes by December 5th will win Fun Bucks to spend locally.
All along Main Street, businesses will be open late and invite residents to Stroll, Shop, and toast the holiday season. Several businesses will choose to be outside this year, along with food trucks, other local artisans, and organizations set up to offer a festive and unique outdoor shopping experience. Shopping local is so important, but if you need a little extra encouragement this year, the Chamber has organized our Merchant Bingo. Strollers can find bingo cards located on page 12 in the Stroll special section of the December edition of the Lewis and Clark Journal, To play, each bingo space must be stamped or signed by participating businesses on the designated space. Once all spots are marked (blackout), completed cards must be returned to the Chiropractic Clinic of Three Forks by 7:30 p.m.
The Three Forks Stroll Silent Auction is back in 2022. All businesses, individuals in the community, and all organizations are invited to create and donate a creatively decorated Christmas Tree or Wreath to the Silent Auction. Proceeds of the silent auction will benefit Future Farmers of America. The trees will be displayed through our Facebook page and in Tanya R. Gonzalez, CPA, PC, before and during the Stroll. High bids will be awarded on December 2nd during the Christmas Stroll.
Mr. & Mrs. Claus will arrive at the Fire Hall at 5:30 p.m., welcoming everyone to visit with them and share their Christmas wishes. Children and their families will have the option to receive a photo op by bringing a non-perishable food donation! Photos with Santa will be available through Headwaters Food Bank.
In an effort to accommodate everyone, many of the Stroll activities will be available for your virtual enjoyment from the comfort of your home through the Chamber's Live Stream. If you are interested in getting your business involved in the Stroll or being a volunteer in coming years, please contact the Chamber at 406-285-4753 or find them on Facebook.
2022 Three Forks Christmas Stroll
9 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Friday, December 2nd, Drop off Gingerbread Houses at the Library – See the entry form on page 8 for more info. Coat donations are being accepted at First Security Bank while offering coffee & drawings in the lobby during regular business hours.
3:30 p.m. Main Street closes to vehicles & vendor set-up begins.
4:30 p.m. Stroll & Shop! Visit Chamber Headquarters in the Chiropractic Clinic of Three Forks, where you'll be able to ask questions & submit Bingo Cards.
5:00 p.m. Tree Lighting Ceremony and Christmas Carols with School Choir and Mr. & Mrs. Santa Claus at Veteran's Memorial Park, followed by the Lighted Parade down Main.
5:30 – 7:30 p.m. Santa at the Fire Hall. All are welcome to visit with Mr. & Mrs. Claus. Bring a donation for the Headwaters Food Bank to get a photo with Santa.
• Christmas Stroll Buttons: Show your spirit and support by purchasing a button. All proceeds will be given to Three Forks Schools, Family Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA). Buttons being sold before & during the Stroll at Main Street Office, Book Therapy & V42. Snap a photo of your button during the Stroll, and enter our Facebook contest. The Photo with the most likes by December 5th will win Fun Bucks to spend locally.
• Merchant Bingo: Win great prizes from local businesses! Get your bingo card validated at each business on the card and return the completed card to Three Forks Chiropractic by 7:30 p.m. Don't forget to shop local.
• Christmas Tree & Wreath Silent Auction: Will be displayed at Tanya R. Gonzalez, CPA, PC before and during the Stroll. Winners can pick up their Tree or Wreath Friday evening or at a scheduled time. All proceeds benefit the Future Farmers of America (FFA). Place your bid and support a good cause.
• Horse & Carriage Rides: Around town provided by First Security Bank. Stations are located at Thriftway and Three Forks Library.
Happenings from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.:
• Stock up while you wait for your Wagon ride at Thriftway.
• Selling whole pizzas or pizza by the slice at Stageline. Enjoy musical performances by Three Forks School Band & Choir, as well as enter to win a free pizza.
• Gallatin Valley Vision will have a sale on sunglasses & goodies.
• DC Trip Fundraiser selling baked goods, arts & crafts outside Three Forks Cafe.
• Merchant Bingo drop-off at the Chiropractic Clinic. Come say hello to the Chamber & grab a snack, plus giveaways.
• Christmas Greetings and Cookies street side of Wheat Montana Corporate
• Three Forks Pharmacy will be offering specials & goodies.
• Pastries, coffee & more at The Shoppe.
• KRAE Art Studio has refreshments & giveaways.
• Holiday Bazaar organized by Diane Phillips in the Methodist Annex. One-stop shopping from vendors showcasing creative products.
• Republic Services offering activities & giveaways within the Methodist Annex.
• Pop by Glacier Kettle Korn next to Three Forks Physical Therapy.
• Enjoy gift basket drawings & goodies at V-42 Fitness.
• S'mores bar inside of Main Street Office.
• Carriage Station and Treats & Specials at Three Forks Saddlery.
• Fire Hall offering Fire Truck Rides, and enjoy some cookies while you wait to see Santa.
• Learn about the origin of the candy cane at Candy Cane Lane outside of the Library.
• Coloring Contest at the Library, viewing of the Gingerbread Houses & music performances by Three Forks Schools Band & Choir.
• Masonic lodge welcomes Santa with Candy Canes & goodies.
• Activities & goodies at Three Forks Bible Church.
• Stop in and toast to the season with a drink at the Plaza and Frontier Bar.
• JaMocha Junction will have goodies & promotional items at Cedar & Main.
• Sing for your treats with Ron's Diesel / Action Realty / Bunkhouse Designs at Cedar & Main.
• Book Therapy & Moore has all your gift-buying needs including gift certificates.
• Grab some goodies & giveaways from Stockman Bank by Three Forks Automotive.
• TF 8th Grade History Class will be in the School's Food Truck, fundraising for field trips. Look for them on Main Street.
• Iron Horse Café offering crafts & drinks.
• Gift Basket Prizes in the entryway of Manhattan Bank (Lobby Closed).