MSU Extension to offer series of webinars on estate and legacy planning
January 25, 2023
From MSU News Service
BOZEMAN – Montana State University Extension has once again teamed up with the Montana 4-H Foundation and MSU 4-H Center to offer its Fabulous Fridays webinar series on estate and legacy planning.
The six-part webinar series will happen Fridays, Jan. 27 through March 3. Each installment will run from 10 to 11:15 a.m., which includes a 15-minute Q&A period.
Fabulous Fridays topics include:
• What factors determine who receives your property after you die?
• Saving more money for your heirs by avoiding probate.
• Creating a living legacy with a tax benefit.
• Selecting an attorney in Montana to develop an estate plan or administer an estate.
• What you can do with a will and what you can't.
• Which is better: a revocable or testamentary trust?
Each session will feature a Montana 4-H alumnus to talk about the lifelong impact of 4-H. Jane Wolery, executive director of the Montana 4-H Foundation, will conduct the interviews.
The series presenters are Marsha Goetting, MSU Extension family economics specialist, and Mandie Reed, Wheatland County Extension agent.
To register for the Fabulous Fridays Webinar series, visit montana.edu/estateplanning/fabulousfridays then click on "registration."