It's once again time for the annual Three Forks Chamber of Commerce Christmas Stroll.
This year's popular local event is scheduled for Friday, December 1 and will feature numerous family friendly activities.
Main Street will close early allowing strollers to visit local businesses beginning at 4:30 p.m. and get a head start on Christmas Shopping. The Stroll will kick off with a tree lighting ceremony and lighted parade led by Santa himself. Many of the traditions stroll-goers have come to expect will be present this year to celebrate our wonderful community, local businesses and organizations.
The Chamber's initiative on lighting up Three Forks continues as Businesses adorn their storefronts while individuals, groups and businesses alike enter floats in the lighted parade. Please join the Chamber at 5:00 p.m. for a Tree Lighting Ceremony and Christmas Carols in Veterans Park. Immediately following, Main Street will be lit up with entries in the Lighted Parade. Prizes will be awarded to best in show.
Joyous activities will again be taking place on the East Cedar and the South end of Main this year. There will be a Holiday Bazaar in the Methodist Annex for one stop shopping. Children's activities & Candy Cane Lane will be featured at the library. The Horse Drawn Wagon Rides will be cruising up and down Main Street during the stroll. Wagon Stops will be located near Thriftway and Three Forks Library. One-way trips are free and running continuously throughout the evening.
If you haven't already begun, now would be the time, as the Gingerbread House Contest is always a great family event. Entries should be dropped off at the Three Forks Library on Friday, December 1 between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Judging will take place and will be live streamed on Friday during the stroll. Three Forks Fun Bucks will be awarded to the Best of Show, and to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each of the categories.
Remember to also grab a Stroll Button. This year they can double as an ornament! In addition to showing your spirit, funds raised will go to support our Three Forks School Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA). Snap a photo of your new button and enter our Facebook contest. The photo receiving the most likes by December 4 will win Fun Bucks to spend locally.
All along Main Street, businesses will be open late and invite residents to Stroll and Shop and toast the holiday season. East Cedar Street will be lit up to highlight shopping off main and lead to the holiday bazaar. There will be several businesses who choose to be outside this year along with food trucks, other local artisans and organizations set up to offer a festive and unique outdoor shopping experience. Shopping local is so important, but if you needed a little extra encouragement this year, the Chamber has organized our Merchant Bingo. Strollers can find bingo cards located on page 6 of the Christmas Stroll Section in the December Lewis and Clark Journal. To play, each bingo space must be stamped or signed by participating businesses on the designated space. Once all spots are marked (blackout), completed cards, must be returned to Chiropractic Clinic of Three Forks by 7:30 p.m.
The Stroll Silent Auction is back in 2023. All businesses, individuals in the community, and all organizations are invited to create and donate a creatively decorated Christmas Tree or Wreath to the Silent Auction. Proceeds of the silent auction will be benefiting the Future Farmers of America. The trees will be on display through our Facebook page as well as in Tanya R. Gonzalez, CPA, PC before and during the stroll. High bids will be awarded December 3rd during the Christmas Stroll.
Mr. & Mrs. Claus will arrive at the Fire Hall at 5:30 p.m. where they will be welcoming all to visit with them and share their Christmas wishes. Children and their families will have an option to receive a pro digital print by bringing a non-perishable food or toy donation. Photos with Santa will be available through Headwaters Food Bank.
In an effort to accommodate everyone, many of the activities will be available for virtual enjoyment from the comfort of your home through our Live Stream. If you are interested in getting your business involved in the Stroll or being a volunteer in coming years, please contact the Chamber at 285-4753 or find us on Facebook.
9am - 3:00 p.m. Friday Dec 1st, Drop off Gingerbread Houses at the Library – See entry form on page 2 for more info.
3:30 p.m. Main Street closes to vehicles & Vendor Set up Begins
4:30 p.m. Stroll & Shop! Visit Chamber Headquarters in Chiropractic Clinic of Three forks where you'll be able to ask questions & submit Bingo Cards.
5:00 p.m. Tree Lighting Ceremony and Christmas Carols with Mr. & Mrs. Santa Claus at Veteran's Memorial Park followed by the Lighted Parade down Main
5:30 – 7:30 p.m. Santa at the Fire Hall. All are welcome to visit with Mr. & Mrs. Claus. Bring a food or toy donation for the Headwaters Food Bank, to get a photo with Santa!
Christmas Stroll Buttons: Show your spirit and support by purchasing a button. All proceeds will be given to Three Forks Schools, Family Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA). Buttons, which can double as an ornament, are being sold before & during the stroll, at Main Street Office, Manhattan Bank & the corner of Cedar & Main. Snap a photo of your button during the stroll, and enter our Facebook contest. The Photo with the most likes by December 4th will win Fun Bucks to spend locally.
Merchant Bingo: Win great prizes from local businesses! Get your bingo card validated at each business on the card and return the completed card to Three Forks Chiropractic by 7:30 pm! Don't forget to shop local.
Christmas Tree & Wreath Silent Auction will be displayed at Tanya R. Gonzalez, CPA, PC before and during the stroll. Winners can pick up their Tree or Wreath Friday evening or at a scheduled time. All proceeds benefiting the Future Farmers of America (FFA). Place your bid and support a good cause.
Horse & Carriage Rides around town provided by First Security Bank. Stations located at Thriftway and Three Forks Library.
Happenings from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.:
* Stock up while you wait for your Wagon ride at Thriftway.
* Selling whole pizzas or pizza by the slice at Stageline. Bring in a canned food item for the food bank and receive $2 off your order.
* Gallatin Valley Vision will have sales & goodies.
* Merchant Bingo drop off at the Chiropractic Clinic. Come say hello to the Chamber & grab a snack, plus enter a drawing for a 75qt Cooler.
* Christmas Greetings and Cookies street side of Wheat Montana Corporate.
* Three Forks Pharmacy offering specials & goodies.
* Grab some goodies & giveaways from Stockman Bank by Three Forks Family Dentistry.
* Cowgirl Creativity sponsoring a booth outside Cedar and Main Street.
* KRAE Art Studio has refreshments & giveaways.
* Holiday Bazaar organized by Diane Phillips in the Methodist Annex. One-stop shopping from vendors showcasing creative products.
* Pop by Glacier Kettle Korn next to Three Forks Physical Therapy.
Three Forks Physical Therapy offering a prize drawing.
* Enjoy "glow-wine" or German Gluhwein with a keepsake mug at V-42 Fitness.
* Outdoor s'mores inside of Main Street Office.
* Pointsettia sale and silent auction by FFA in Tanya R. Gonzalez, CPA, PC.
* Treats & Specials at Three Forks Saddlery.
* Meet Mr. & Mrs. Claus! Enjoy cookies & hot cocoa while you wait at the Fire Hall.
* Learn about the origin of the candy cane at Candy Cane Lane outside of the Library.
* Coloring Contest at the Library & viewing of the Gingerbread Houses
* Masonic Lodge welcomes all for hot chocolate & treats.
* HCAI will be at the Masonic Lodge with their performing group and a hot cocoa bar.
* Gift Basket Prizes - sign up in entryway at Manhattan Bank.
* Activities & goodies at Three Forks Bible Church.
* Stop in and toast to the season with a drink at the Plaza and Frontier Bar.
* Handmade stockings for children 12 and under who visit the Headwaters Heritage Museum.
* Iron Horse Café offering crafts & drinks.